GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions - Ski Academy GmbH
For better readability, the masculine form is chosen in the following for the name of the person, but the feminine form is always included.
1. Subject matter of the contract
Unless expressly agreed otherwise, all transactions between Ski Academy GmbH and the customer are subject to these General Terms and Conditions. The object of the company is the operation of a snow sports school. In particular, this includes services such as teaching the skills and knowledge of snow sports, without any guarantee of a specific training success, as well as guiding and accompanying snow sports. Special requests can only be taken into consideration after written agreement with the Ski Academy GmbH. Any additional costs must be borne by the customer.
Ski Academy GmbH is not liable for any agreements made personally with a snow sports instructor.
We need your credit card details (number, expiry date and security code) as a guarantee for every booking that has not been booked online.
2. Lift tickets
2.1 The lift ticket is not included in the lesson price.
2.2 Ski Academy GmbH does not provide any compensation for lost lesson times caused by cableway and lift system breakdowns.
The listed prices are in Swiss francs and valid from 15.08.2019.
4. Terms of payment
4.1 Payment in cash: Swiss francs (CHF), and euros (EUR), by card: VISA, Mastercard, Maestro, V-Pay, VISA Electron.
4.2 For the refund of cancelled reservations, we use the same means of payment that was used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
5. Cancellation conditions
Cancellations must be made no later than 48 hours before the lesson. If this deadline is not met, we will charge the full price of the booking.
5.1 Each started lesson will be charged in full.
5.2 In the event of accident or illness, reimbursement will only be made upon presentation of a medical certificate from a local doctor. Only the unused days (difference) will be refunded.
5.3 Our instructors will work in any weather, provided we consider it reasonable for the lesson.
5.4 Lessons can be cancelled or aborted by Ski Academy GmbH if nature/weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances (force majeure, official measures, suspension of all transport facilities) do not permit lessons. The decision on this lies solely with the ski school management. If the lessons are cancelled in this case by the ski school management, the customer is entitled to a remuneration for the lessons, but must assert the claim by telephone (+41 41 763 6306) or in writing by e-mail to email@example.com within a period of 7 days. The payment for the lessons is made after deduction of the processing costs of 20% of the total booked service.
6. Cancellation of the activity by the client
6.1 In case of delay of the customer, illness, alleged bad weather or partially closed lift systems no compensation will be given. Our instructors do not wait longer than 30 minutes after the start of the lesson at the meeting point.
6.2 If the lesson has to be interrupted early due to the guest's lack of fitness or inappropriate snow sports equipment, all claims for reimbursement shall lapse.
7. Group lessons
7.1 If the minimum number of participants in group lessons is not reached, Ski Academy GmbH reserves the right to combine groups, adjust the number of lessons or cancel courses at short notice. Should this be the case, Ski Academy will endeavour to offer the customer the best possible alternative.
7.2 A change of teacher is possible due to the flexible organisation.
8. Private lessons
8.1 Course start date for all private tuition offers is daily.
8.2 A change of instructor is possible due to the flexible organisation.
The Ski Academy GmbH disclaims any liability for accidents during the lessons or their consequences. Accident/health and liability insurance is the responsibility of the customer. Ski Academy GmbH is not responsible for the insurance of customers.
10. Choice of law/ place of jurisdiction
Swiss law shall apply to the legal relationship between the customer and Ski Academy GmbH. For legal actions against Ski Academy GmbH, the exclusive place of jurisdiction is Altdorf.
Claims for damages due to errors in illustrations, prices and texts are strictly excluded.
12. Data protection/ copyright
Ski Academy GmbH reserves the right to use any picture material for marketing purposes. You can revoke your permission to use and pass on the data and images at any time by sending us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data necessary for the business transaction will be treated confidentially.
13. Content of the online offer
The ski school (hereinafter referred to as "author") accepts no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims against the author relating to material or immaterial damage caused by the use or non-use of the information provided or by the use of incorrect or incomplete information are excluded, unless there is evidence of willful intent or gross negligence on the part of the author.
All offers are subject to change and non-binding. The author expressly reserves the right to change, supplement or remove parts of the pages or the entire offer without prior notice or to cease publication temporarily or permanently.
Ski Academy GmbH undertakes to comply with the offer sold. The buyer must redeem the purchased offer with time and date. It is not possible to move the data. Bookings paid for online are considered as firm, confirmed reservations. The fixed reservation or booking can only be cancelled up to 48 hours before the lesson starts. If this deadline is not met, the full price of the booking will be charged.
General Terms and Conditions - Ski Academy GmbH - Event Management & Extra Services
The following terms and conditions govern the relationship between the two parties and form an integral part of any business relationship.
Basis / Conclusion of the Contract
1. The reservation/order confirmation or the arrangement contract signed by the customer shall serve as the basis. The contract cannot be cancelled unilaterally. If the reservation is made by a third party, this third party shall also become the contractual partner, irrespective of any effective power of attorney by the customer, and shall be liable for all obligations arising from this contract with the customer as joint debtor.
Any written or verbal deviations from and/or additions to this offer will be invoiced additionally according to the known rates. The final number of participants must be notified to the Organizer three days before the event. If the actual number of participants increases compared to the confirmation, the total price of the event will be increased by the additional costs incurred. If, on the other hand, the number of participants decreases in comparison to the confirmation, the total price will not decrease.
Instructions of the organizer
2. For the safety of all participants, the individual participants are obliged to follow the instructions of the organizer’s staff. In case of disregard of the instructions by the participants, the organizer declines any responsibility or liability.
Conditions of Participation
3. The following conditions apply to the participants of the event:
a. Participation in events involving physical activity requires good health. The participants are therefore obliged to inform the organizer about any health problems.
b. Participants must not be under the influence of drugs, alcohol, psychotropic drugs or similar substances. If the organizer distributes alcoholic beverages, the participants consume these beverages at their own risk.
4. The customer undertakes to inform the participants of the conditions of participation listed under point 3. The organizer endeavours to draw the attention of participants who obviously do not adhere to the conditions of participation listed under item 3 to these.
Equipment / Material
5. The organiser undertakes to specify the equipment required for the event (including in the event of a change in programme) in the offer in accordance with section 1.
a. The customer is responsible for the personal equipment of the participants. The Organiser undertakes to procure and make available any special equipment required.
b. The material provided and the premises shall be taken care of. In order to prevent damage to the walls, the machines and the inventory, the attachment of decorations and other objects must always be coordinated with us. Possible damages can be charged at replacement value.
Service / Catering
6. The Ski Academy GmbH undertakes to proceed in a careful manner when executing the order. We undertake to carry out the event on time and in a faultless condition. When selecting food and drinks, we attach great importance to impeccable and fresh quality.
7. The insurance is the responsibility of the participants. The organizer does not take out accident or health insurance for the participants. The customer undertakes to inform the participants of this circumstance in advance.
Remuneration and payment modalities
8. The remuneration for the activity of the organiser as defined by this contract shall be based on the standard and indicative prices as well as the tariffs in accordance with the offer. It shall also be based on the services ordered and rendered by the Organiser. The additional services requested in accordance with section 1 shall be remunerated on a time and material basis.
9. The remuneration in accordance with item 8 is to be paid as follows:
a. The down payment of 80% of the total amount must be made within 10 days of the invoice being issued.
b. Payment of the balance must be made within 10 days of the invoice date.
10. Should the event not be able to take place or have to be cancelled through no fault of the organiser, for example due to meteorological conditions, Ski Academy GmbH will endeavour to find an alternative to the original programme. If this is not possible, the customer must pay the organizer the full amount in accordance with section 8.
11. If the customer is in arrears with the payment of the above-mentioned compensation, interest of 5% shall be due.
12. The organizer is entitled to withdraw from the present contract, if one of the payments according to numbers 8. and 9. should not be paid in time before this date. All expenses incurred by the organizer or any third parties commissioned by the organizer shall be paid in full by the customer.
13. If the customer withdraws from this contract, the following provisions shall apply:
- Free cancellation up to 90 days before the start of the event
- Up to 30 days before the start of the event 50% of the total amount
- From 30 days before the start of the event 100% of the total amount
14. Both the compensation of the organiser's expenses in the event of the withdrawal of a party as well as the contractual penalty pursuant to section 13 shall become due for payment immediately upon written assertion by the organiser.
15. The organiser undertakes to take out liability insurance for personal injury and property damage up to a guaranteed amount of CHF 10,000,000.00 (ten million) for the event in accordance with section 1.
16. The liability of the organizer for slight negligence is rejected in principle.
17. The organizer assumes no liability for claims
a. Members of the family of a participant to that participant;
b. Family members are the spouse and relatives in the ascending and descending line as well as siblings and stepchildren living with the participant in the same household;
c. Damage caused to active participants in combat games (e.g. football, basketball, hockey) and in total combat sports (e.g. boxing, fencing, judo, wrestling, wrestling) by players or opponents;
d. From liability as the owner and from the use of motor vehicles and trailers or towed vehicles towed by them as well as from liability of the persons for whom the owner is responsible in accordance with Swiss road traffic legislation;
e. From liability as owner and from the use of aircraft, motor boats and sailboats;
f. For damage to items which a participant has accepted for use, handling, safekeeping or transport;
g. For damage to exhibits as well as to the property, buildings, premises and installations used;
h. For damage to animals that are used or exhibited in connection with the event and its execution;
i. For damage to property resulting from the performance or omission of an activity by a Participant on or with a Participant (e.g. processing, repairing, loading or unloading a vehicle);
j. For damage to property caused by the gradual effects of weather or temperature, smoke, dust, soot, gases, vapours or vibrations;
k. For damages whose occurrence was highly probable or which were accepted by the choice of a certain working method in order to reduce costs or speed up work.
18. The organiser shall not be liable for any damage resulting from the postponement or cancellation of the event. The organizer does not assume any liability for material damage or damage resulting from the theft of personal items, be it towards the customer, the participants or towards third parties. Should the organizer or the customer involve third parties in the planning and/or execution of the event, the organizer assumes no liability whatsoever for damages of any kind caused by such third parties.
19. We use all stored data exclusively for the intended purposes and in accordance with Swiss data protection legislation. We also do not pass the data on to third parties. We endeavor to exercise the greatest possible care in handling your data and to protect it from unauthorized access within the framework of reasonable possibilities.
20. The General Terms and Conditions shall be governed exclusively by Swiss substantive law. Place of jurisdiction is Altdorf.
21. The General Terms and Conditions contain all agreements made between the parties and may only be amended or supplemented by written agreement.
22. Should one or more provisions of these GTC be or become ineffective or invalid, or should they contain a loophole, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. The invalid provisions shall be interpreted or replaced in such a way that they correspond as closely as possible to the intended economic purpose. The same shall apply mutatis mutandis in the event of a contractual gap.
Termes of use
Responsibility for Content
The entire content of this website serves as a guide to the services and products we offer.
The content of our pages has been created with the utmost care. However, we cannot assume any liability for the correctness, completeness and up-to-dateness of the contents. The content can be changed at any time and without prior notice.
Responsibility for links and our social media platforms
Our website contains links to third-party websites and various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram that you may use. These platforms are primarily intended to facilitate access to content and share content with other Internet users.
We have no control over the presentation and use of the content provided on third-party social media platforms when they are linked to us. We assume no liability or responsibility for such content and its accuracy, completeness or timeliness. Linking to a third party website does not mean that we recommend or endorse the third party or the third party's products and services.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and all other rights to content, text, images, photographs, films or other elements and files on our website are owned exclusively by us, our licensors or the expressly named copyright holder. You agree not to use, copy, publish or otherwise reproduce any content without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
You agree that we may reproduce, modify, translate, publish or otherwise use for our own purposes any Content you provide to us (for example, through our feedback or contact forms) as we see fit.